The triangle drill is an effective means of working on a player’s footwork, moving them around the court in a continuous motion.
- The coach will feed a ball to point 1, where the player will make their first shot.
- They will then hit an approach shot mid court
- After which they will move backwards, (facing forward at all times), to hit a deep third shot behind the baseline, before moving back to the start to begin the circuit again.
- The coach can make the drill more advanced in terms of footwork by making the player hit only forehands or backhands.
- The drill should also be done in reverse to work on movement in the other direction.
VIEW THE DIAGRAM IMAGE OF THIS DRILL FOR FREE!