Consistency Then Open Court
This consistency based tennis drill focuses on hitting a number of shots before you get the opportunity (and the right) to change direction and go to the open court.
The coach is volleying back to the player, with only one ball being used. The coach should not feed a new ball to start each new shot. The pattern of shots goes like this:
- To begin the player must hit 1 shot to the coach and then 1 shot to the open court
- Then 2 shots to the coach 1 shot to the open court
- Then 3 shots to the coach and 1 shot to the open court
- Then 4 shots to the coach and 1 shot to the open court
- This pattern continues until a mistake is made. When a mistake is made the player begins again from the start hitting 1 shot to the coach then 1 shot to the open court.
- The coach can set a goal before the tennis drill begins such as the player must reach 10 shots to the coach and 1 shot to the open court upon which the drill will finish.
VIEW THE DIAGRAM IMAGE OF THIS DRILL FOR FREE!