5 Ball Target
5 Ball target is a game for group players that has one player take on the rest of the team in order to get all those players to their end of the court.
1. The single player has to compete against the other players (in the diagram below it is 4 players).
2. If they are able to stay in a rally for 5 balls (or win the point before 5 balls are rallied over) then they take a player from the other team and bring them to their end of the court.
3. The one player will initially play in singles court, but as soon as they bring another player to their end by having a rally of 5 balls they will play doubles court.
4. If they win and bring a player to their end of the court and then lose the next point, then that player they brought over will go back to the other end of the court that they came from.
5. If a player loses on their own they lose (so therefore they could lose after just one point) – and another player takes on the 5 ball target challenge.
6. It is the job of the group team to make sure they don’t have a rally of 5 balls by winning the point under 5 balls. If the group team loses the point the player who makes the mistake to lose the point in the group team will go to the other end of the court to join the single player.
7. The end goal is for the single player to have all the other group members on his/her side of the court.
VIEW THE DIAGRAM IMAGE OF THIS DRILL FOR FREE!
The Diagram Image for This Drill is Available to the Members of Our Mailing List. You Can Become a Member For Free By Entering Your Name & Email Below - You Will Then Get Instant Access to Our Exclusive Drill Images!
Please Note: If you have already signed up to our mailing list, please use the same email to access our free content 🙂
The coach can make the drill easier for the single player by:
– having a smaller target such as 3 or 4 balls
– giving them 2 or 3 lives, in case they make a quick mistake
The coach can make the drill harder for the single player by:
– increasing the rally target number to 6, 7,8 or even higher
– giving them a difficult ball feed